Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
I would expect a very bias vote considering this is a xenforo website and 99% of members will be using xenforo. vBulletin is far beyond its expiration date and is severely outperformed by IP.Board and xenforo in all areas (in my opinion). I have never used it for any of my sites and never will

:)

andrew3d

Customer
Xenforo people are friendly. They want to help. Go to the xenforo board and ask a question. You'll get an knowledgeable answer fairly quickly. Been there and done that so I am talking from first hand experience. :)

ibab

Customer
I have been using several softwares, including vB, xenForo, IPB and the free ones, phpBB, SMF, MyBB, Vanilla and what not.
My personal favorite is xenForo over all of those, simply because it is easily customizable. Even a person without slightest knowledge of PHP or so is able to edit the templates in xF. In vB I always struggled with trying to edit the templates, but without results. The only thing I could cause was breaking the forums.

I also feel that xF is faster forum software. Whenever I used vB, it felt really heavy and page loads would take long. As soon as I started using xenForo, it really felt lightweight and the page loads were certainly faster than what they were in vB.

xenForo is also a lot cheaper than vB making it affordable.

TL;DR xenForo is better than vB.

Vicros

lol vB is no longer relevant. vB 3 was once the webs software of choice. vB 4 it started to fall, and now vB 5 is just so terrible everyone uses XF or IPB now. I wouldn't even attempt to use vB at this point.

Krave

Customer
Like a few people on who've posted on this thread, I've played with various boards. All of them were nulled (mainly for testing purposes) apart from the free ones and the only board that come close to XenForo in my personal opinion is MyBB. Simply because it's very easy to customise.

Since XenForo was the bulletin board I preferred out of the others, I went ahead and purchased a license for it. When I used a nulled version of vBulletin, I had issues from the start. The templates were hard to find, general information was hard to find and every time I installed a theme, one thing or another was out of place (you'd get the odd occasion where the themes you didn't like didn't have a problem).

For me it goes:
- XenForo
- MyBB
- Invision Power Board (IP.Board)
- vBulletin

Last edited:

Licensecart

Customer
Website
liensecart.com
I was a VBulletin customer until they decided to screw up vb4, we expected better and every release was a buggy pile of ... Then Xenforo came when the guys left VB, people was looking at it including me. Then IB (VB) took legal action against them for no reasons just a day before Xenforo was ready to go on sale, so I believe a lot of VB customers got annoyed because I remember the big thread and VB staff trying to protect themselves. I had a warning too. So that's why my choice is Xenforo and I've been a customer since 2010.